It’s important to keep your Samsung smart TV software up to date in order to get the best viewing experience. Fortunately, updating the software on your Samsung smart TV is a straightforward process. In this blog post, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to update the software on your Samsung smart TV so that you can enjoy the latest features and content. Let’s get started and update your Samsung smart TV software today!
Update Automatically Using Internet
In case your TV is connected to the Internet, you can have software updates installed automatically while you’re watching TV. The update will be applied the next time your TV is switched on. When you accept the Smart Hub Terms and Conditions in the initial setup, Auto Update is enabled automatically.
If you want to turn off the auto-update follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Support
- Select Software Update, and then select Auto Update to turn it off or back on.
Update Over The Internet
Download software updates as soon as they become available to get the most out of your TV.
- Using your TV’s remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support.
- Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.
- New updates will be downloaded and installed on your TV.
- Updates usually take a few minutes; please do not turn off the TV until the update is complete.
- When the update is finished, the TV will restart automatically.
- If there aren’t any new updates, select OK to exit.
Update Using USB
Using the Samsung Download Center, you can select the product type and search for your TV, or enter your model number to access the model-specific support page. Install the latest firmware version for your TV under Downloads on the Support page. By clicking on the Download button next to the firmware version, you will be able to download the compressed file.
- When the file has finished downloading, locate it and then unzip it. There is normally one folder inside but there may be multiple files.
- Copy or Move all of the files, that were included in the zip file, to a USB flash drive but do not place them inside any other folders. If you place the software folders inside a folder on the USB drive, the TV will not find them.
- Connect the USB drive containing the software upgrade to a USB port on your TV.
- Using your TV’s remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes.
Important: Steps From Orginal Sources (© Samsung)
Leave a comment