If you’ve just gotten a new TCL Android TV and are looking to get the most out of it, then you might be wondering how to download and install new apps to your TV. The great news is that it’s actually not difficult to do at all – but if you don’t know where to start, then it can feel like an intimidating experience. Luckily, this guide will walk you through every step of the process, teaching you how to download and install new apps on your TV in no time!
TCL Smart TV
TCL Televisions are the perfect combination of elegance and high-tech performance. Buy from the latest range of UHD 4K Android TV design that meets cutting-edge technology. TCL QLED technology ensures the ultra-high quality of TV models.
Benefits Of Using Android TV
Android TV is a top choice for many because of its fantastic features. You can use any app or game on Android TV without restrictions. It also comes with Google Assistant which is an artificial intelligence system. With this, you can use your voice to do anything from finding out how the weather is going to telling it what you want on your pizza!
Why do we need custom apps on a smart TV?
If you own a TCL Smart TV, you know how hard it is to find certain apps. This is because some of the most popular streaming services are not available in the Google Play Store for tvOS. You’ll have to go through the hassle of sideloading these apps on your tvOS device. It’s much easier if you had custom app stores like Kodi pre-installed on your smart TV.
How to download and Install new apps on TCL?
Follow the following steps to install apps on TCL Smart TV.
- From the Android TV Home screen, navigate to Apps
- Select Get more apps or Get more games. This will bring you to the Google PlayStore
- Browse or search for apps and games.
- To browse: Press ▲/▼ to view different categories. When you find a category you’re interested in, navigate to the right to view available options.
- To search: navigate to the Search icon, located on top of the screen. Use the onscreen keyboard to type on the search bar
- Select the app or game you want.
- Free app or game: Select Install.
- Paid app or game: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the app or game. You will see the option to Open or Uninstall the app or game.
- Press Open to launch the app or game
- Press Uninstall to remove the app or game
Important: Steps From Orginal Sources (© TCL)
Leave a comment